Maritime Occupations Intermediate / Advanced Apprenticeship
This Apprenticeship is for those employed in the maritime sector on fishing boats, merchant vessels or in ports.
The framework provides a structured programme of learning and practical experience with an emphasis on safety. It provides the opportunity to undertake a variety of job roles depending on the pathway chosen. These could include assisting on the bridge or in the engine room of a vessel, hauling and storing the fishing catch, helping to load/unload cargo or passengers, operating port plant and lifting equipment and carrying out various duties on deck and in the engine room, on the quay, in warehouses and terminals with their associated systems.
Qualifications available in this framework are:
- Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies: Rivers, inland waterways and limited distances to sea
- Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies: Sea Fishing
- Level 2 Certificate in Maritime Studies: Able seafarer / Tug rating (deck)
- Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies: Able seafarer / Tug rating (engine room)
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Port Operations / Level 2 Certificate in Stevedoring Essentials
- Level 2 Diploma in Maritime Studies: Workboats
- Level 3 Diploma in Shipping and Maritime Operations: deck pathway / Level 3 Diploma in Nautical Science
- Level 3 Diploma in Shipping and Maritime Operations: engineering pathway / Level 3 Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma In Maritime Studies: Officer of the Watch on Merchant Vessels of less than 500 gross tonnage (Near Coastal)
- Level 3 Diploma in Maritime Studies: officer of the watch on merchant vessels less than 3,000 gross tonnage (near coastal)
To download the framework please use the following link: