The Modern Apprenticeship Group approved the Modern Apprenticeship in Freight Logistics In June 2011. The content of the apprenticeship is outlined below. In the October 2012 revision the National Progression Award in Supply Chain Management was made optional - this will be for those MA's registered from 1st November 2012.
The following component is optional for new entrants to the logistics sector.
- SQA National Progression Award in Supply Chain Operation (G93X45)
(or equivalent award from other awarding bodies as agreed with SSC).
The following component is mandatory for all apprentices
- One or more SVQs chosen from the following:
- Driving goods vehicles: articulated or drawbar level 2 (GA0322)
- Driving goods vehicles: rigid vehicle level 2 (GA0422)
- Driving goods vehicles: van level 2 (GA0522)
- Driving goods vehicles: motorcycle or pedal cycle level 2 (GA0622)
- Supply chain management level 2 (G88122)
- Warehousing & storage level 2 (G8WA22)
- Warehousing & storage level 2 (G9HF22)
- Warehousing & storage level 2 (GC6J22)
- Warehousing & storage level 3 (GF9D23)
- Supply chain management level 3 (G88223)
- Logistics Operations Management Level 3 (G9HE23)
- Driving Goods Vehicles level 3 (GE6A23)
Future SVQs in the logistics sector at levels 2 and 3 will be added as soon as they are accredited.
o Problem Solving
o Working with Others
Minimum core skill levels for each route are as follows:
MA at SVQ level 2 – all core skills at SCQF 3
MA at SVQ level 3 – all core skills at SCQF 4
All core skills in all routes are required to be separately certificated.
· Category B, C1, C or C+E licence, appropriate to chosen SVQ
(Only for MA candidates undertaking any of the Driving Goods Vehicles SVQs)